Thursday, May 17, 2012

Emerging


Well, I made it out of the past few months alive. Some notable things that have happened since the last blog post a few months ago: I moved (2 blocks away), trained for and completed my first 10-mile run (something I never thought I'd be able to do), started gardening (my lettuces are doing very well, thank you), gave a couple talks, got into my first (minor) car accident, finished a dissertation chapter, and taught my first semester-long class. All of this has kept me away from this blog and from the internets in general. It seemed like all of my free time was spent exercising and nearly all my clothing purchases of the last several months, of which there have not been very many, have been exercise clothing...who would've thought that yoga clothes aren't terribly well-suited for running?!

The students are taking their final exam tonight and grades are due 72 hours after. I can't wait to be done!

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on all that! So impressive and inspiring. Must have been tough, but it's gotta feel good to almost be on the other side.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back. I'm glad you have accomplished so much and impressed by your exercising. I hope the cats are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! Welcome back. Very impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, you guys!! It does feel really good to be almost on the other side. Just another day or two. I can't wait for a few days of doing whatever the hell I want!

    Moya: the cats are doing really well! We just moved into a 3rd floor apartment with a private (carpeted) stairway. As you can imagine, the cats are lovin' it! I never really thought I'd become an exercise convert, but I actually think I enjoy running. I can see the results a lot faster than with yoga (my main form of exercise before). I don't own a scale, but I'm pretty certain that I've shed a few pounds since I started.

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats on being so productive and accomplishing so many firsts on top of everything else! :)

    ReplyDelete